If you are a doctor wishing to recruit a patient to the Synaps Study, please complete the following steps:
1. Ensure that the patient is suitable for the study
- Lacks a genetic diagnosis
- Has an paroxysmal neurological condition such as epilepsy, headache, movement disorders, episodic ataxia, sleep disorders.
2. Provide patient with this Patient Information Leaflet
3. Provide patient with the Consent Form for signing
4. Take whole blood samples in 2 EDTA (purple topped) tubes and fill out the DNA Request Form.
5. Email us at email@example.com and post the blood tubes together with the completed consent form to:
- DNA Neurogenetics Lab, 6th floor,
Institute of Neurology, Queen Square,
London WC1N 3BG