For participating R+D sites, to recruit a patient to the SYNaPS Study, please complete the following steps:
1. Ensure that the patient is suitable for the study
- Lacks a genetic diagnosis
- Has an paroxysmal neurological condition such as epilepsy, headache, movement disorders, episodic ataxia, sleep disorders.
2. Provide patient with this Patient Information Leaflet :
3. Provide patient with the Consent Form for signing :
4. Take whole blood samples in 2 EDTA (purple topped) tubes and fill out the DNA Request Form.
5. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and post the blood bottles together with completed consents to:
DNA Neurogenetics Lab, 6th floor,
Institute of Neurology, Queen Square,
London WC1N 3BG